This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: BELIEVE_PCC_PROMOTION in coffread.c
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: deuling at de dot ibm dot com (Markus Deuling)
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org (GDB discuss)
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:15:23 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: BELIEVE_PCC_PROMOTION in coffread.c
Markus Deuling wrote:
> there are two places in coffread.c like this:
> #if !defined (BELIEVE_PCC_PROMOTION)
> if (gdbarch_byte_order (current_gdbarch) == BFD_ENDIAN_BIG)
> /* If PCC says a parameter is a short or a char,
> aligned on an int boundary, realign it to the
> "little end" of the int. */
> struct type *temptype;
> In fact BELIEVE_PCC_PROMOTION is currently always defined. Can this code in between
> if and endif be removed, is this a bug ? I'm not very familiar with coff :-(
I'd suggest to simply remove that code. It is currently not active, as
you've noticed, and nobody appears to be complaining ...
If it turns out later that there is indeed still some COFF platform that
actually needs this, we can always resurrect the code.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE