This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Huge memory leak in expression evaluation
- From: Aman Wardak <awardak at mvista dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:39:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: Huge memory leak in expression evaluation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andreas Schwab wrote:
There appears to be a huge memory leak in the expression evaluator. ForSorry, did you mean here 500mb or 500kb? I'm seeing 500kb/sec growth on
a conditional breakpoint.
example when I set a conditional breakpoint on a frequently executed
line gdb quickly grows in the order of 500mb per second. When I make
the breakpoint unconditional, but add commands to call continue when the
condition is not satisfied I still see some big growth, but only in the
order of 100mb per second. The difference is probably because
breakpoint commands are executed much slower.