This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Huge memory leak in expression evaluation
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:16:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: Huge memory leak in expression evaluation
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 05:06:38PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> There appears to be a huge memory leak in the expression evaluator. For
> example when I set a conditional breakpoint on a frequently executed
> line gdb quickly grows in the order of 500mb per second. When I make
> the breakpoint unconditional, but add commands to call continue when the
> condition is not satisfied I still see some big growth, but only in the
> order of 100mb per second. The difference is probably because
> breakpoint commands are executed much slower.
Is this new, do you know? Otherwise, valgrind works fine on GDB
nowadays; we'll have to use it. I had gotten a base GDB session down
to no leaks at one point, though the patch was never committed because
of an ugly wart.