This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Ada arrays - a problem with aggregate notation.
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: jagorak <jagorak at wp dot pl>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, Paul Hilfinger <hilfinger at adacore dot com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 22:05:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: Ada arrays - a problem with aggregate notation.
- References: <email@example.com>
> == quote ==
> There is limited support for [Ada] array and record aggregates. They are
> permitted only on the right sides of assignments, as in these examples:
> set An_Array := (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
> == end quote ==
Hmmm, I think the documentation might be inaccurate. We implemented
support for array aggregates only recently (about a year ago), and
it required a relatively large change. Unfortunately, we're not
contributing our changes in terms of the Ada mode as fast as we'd like,
so it hasn't made it to the FSF yet. We will get to it eventually.
In the meantime, if you'd like to debug Ada, you might want to have
a look at building our version of GDB: It has the latest Ada support
in it: https://libre.adacore.com/GDB/.