(Not) debugging STL

Dear all,

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me with the following
issue.

Debugging C++ code using STL, I cannot figure out how to turn off
debugging the STL headers. Using the 'next' command is not a solution,
for example in case when I would like to step in the function 'f()' at a
line like the following.

f(v[i],v[w[i]+w[j]]);

In general, it would be often very useful for me to turn off debugging
of some source files I rely on. If it is a convertional .cc file, I can
do it by turning off putting the debug info into the related object
file. But what to do if I use templates/inline functions, thus the
implementations are in the header files?

Best regards,
Alpar Juttner