Re: Path problem with dwarf on cygwin

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 04:38:41PM +0100, Fabian Cenedese wrote:
> How can this happen? Is this a problem of gcc or gdb? As I call gcc directly,
> not from inside the cygwin shell, I give all paths with backslashes. So why is
> there one with a forward slash?
>
> Is there a possibility to tell gdb that these are the same files and not
> create two symtabs? Or maybe a flag for configure of gcc/gdb? Something
> like the textmode.o module for cygwin compiled programs.

I said a couple of weeks ago that I had a really nasty patch for this
problem, but never got around to cleaning it up.  You've built a Cygwin
GDB, therefore when it needs to construct a path, it uses forward
slashes.  Yet your debugging info matches what you gave the compiler,
i.e. has backwards slashes.  The debugger needs to be taught smarter
filename comparison.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery