Re: Variable values before initialisaton

"Rob Quill" <rob.quill@gmail.com> writes:
> Interesting. Is it that GCC doesn't implement it, or that GDB doesn't
> understand it, or both? How difficult to you think it would be to
> implement, because I think it would be quite good to have it right.

Neither GCC nor GDB emit DW_AT_start_scope.  I don't know about GCC,
but it would be somewhat involved in GDB; you'd have to change
read_lexical_block_scope in dwarf2read.c to produce a bunch of nested
blocks.

I'm gathering from your comments that the you've been assuming that
GCC + DWARF + GDB present an accurate model of the execution of the
source program.  But the only (significant to development) consumer of
the model we actually present has been humans and the test suite, so
little issues like this haven't been tended to very carefully, since
humans don't mind them.  I don't want to discourage you, but I think
you'll find more as you go along, and some may be a lot of work to
fix.