Re: Variable values before initialisaton

Rob Quill wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to ask to many questions in one day. but I was wondering fi
> anyone could explain why a variable can have a value before it has
> been declared.
>
> In my code I have:
>
> int i = 0;
> int j = 2;
> int k = 3;
>
> and if I print the value of k any time before it has been set to 3, it
> get it being equal to a very large number, rather than it not being in
> the current scope. Is this a debugging thing, or something to do with
> the way the code is compiled, or something else?

You're extremely lucky you've int variables, and not C++ classes, and not
trying to call member functions of those.

The gdb/gcc combination has the bad habit of including not-yet-created
variables in the list of local variables. I don't think anybody's working
on a fix.

- Volodya