This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [x86_64-linux] ptrace (PT_STEP) causes 2 instruction step???
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:13:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: [x86_64-linux] ptrace (PT_STEP) causes 2 instruction step???
- References: <20061123042227.GA22601@adacore.com>
On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 08:22:27PM -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> I searched the internet a bit, and apparently this type of error
> has happened a while ago. Unfortunately, I lost the link, but the
> reports were saying that the problem they saw only occured in a
> very specific case, which is not the case here...
That was over syscalls, I think.
> Has anyone seen this before? Any clue? Surprisingly, all our
> x86_64-linux machines started showing these symptoms on the same
> day. All except one, which keeps working fine.
Like Mark, I'm suspicious of updates. I've never seen this behavior