This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
powerpc simulator instruction question
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Ralf Corsepius <ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:53:27 -0600
- Subject: powerpc simulator instruction question
Version: gdb 6.5 with ppc simulator enabled.
I have an RTEMS program which seems to have the FPU
enabled OK since it executes the instructions at
0x9a0, 0x9ac, and 0x9b0. But it gets an exception
0x0700 at 0x9b4.
9a0: fd 8c 00 32 fmul f12,f12,f0
9a4: c0 09 0c e0 lfs f0,3296(r9)
9a8: 39 21 00 48 addi r9,r1,72
9ac: fd 8c 00 32 fmul f12,f12,f0
9b0: fd a0 60 1e fctiwz f13,f12
9b4: 7d a0 4f ae stfiwx f13,0,r9
The device tree file is:
The code in question was compiled with -mcpu=603e.
I have tried starting the simulator with no model
argument (tar sim...), 603e (-m 603e) and 603 without
The stfiwx was generated by gcc.
Is the stfiwx not implemented in the simulator? Not valid?
Any suggestions, patches?
I can provide the executable in question if it helps