This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb 6.5 on AIX 5.3 not hitting breakpoints
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Jesse Marlin <jesse dot marlin at intec dot us>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:09:18 -0800
- Subject: Re: gdb 6.5 on AIX 5.3 not hitting breakpoints
- References: <455A1696.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I have built gdb-6.5 on AIX 5.3 and have noticed that it is not hitting
> breakpoints. Is this a known problem and if so is there any workaround?
As far as I can tell, appart from an unexpected warnings about the OS
ABI which I will try to investigate when I have some time, the HEAD
debugger from CVS seems to be working fine:
(gdb) b break_me
Breakpoint 1 at 0x100003e4: file foo.c, line 6.
Starting program: /home/brobecke/test/ex/foo
Breakpoint 1, break_me () at foo.c:6
6 printf ("Hello world\n");
I suggest trying the debugger from CVS, and if that doesn't work,
then maybe trying to post more information about what compiler you
used (I assumed GCC), which version, and provide a complete example
that demonstrates the problem (sources and compilation switches that
you used to build the example).