This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB support for mixed ARM9 V5 and thumb code
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Johan Thorb <johan dot thorb at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:31:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: GDB support for mixed ARM9 V5 and thumb code
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 04:27:17PM +0100, Johan Thorb wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to use gdb 6.5 for target arm and on host Win/MinGW. I
> have compiled such a version, and I do get undeterministic behavior
> when using the debugger. I try to debug an elf file, which is to be
> eabi compliant. It is not compiled with gcc, and has a gdb-stub built
> To rule out gdb problematics I have two questions:
> 1) Does GDB 6.5 support mixed ARM v5 and thumb instruction set binaries?
> 2) What is the right compilation config parameters in this case?
> I have tried the --target=arm-thumb-elf and --target=arm-gdb-elf
The middle field doesn't matter. Either of those should work, though
you probably want --target=arm-eabi.
> Could anyone please help me out in this matter?
You haven't told us anything about what goes wrong, so there's no other
help we can offer yet.