This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb configure error: no termcap library found
- From: Erik Leunissen <e dot leunissen at hccnet dot nl>
- To: Steve Eaton <seaton at novell dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 20:33:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: gdb configure error: no termcap library found
- References: <454E1C58.email@example.com> <454DC089.742A.00E2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Steve Eaton wrote:
I had something similar a while back. I actually had termcap available and still got errors. Seems to me I did something simple like adding the ncurses-devel.
That did the trick indeed.
For the maintainers in this mailing list: would it be wise to change the
error message ("configure: error: no termcap library found")?
To me, the message was misleading, because:
- a termcap library actually was present
- the configure script appeared to be needing other files besides the
library (header files, ... ).