Re: gdb-emacs : data frame/buffer.

I followed the information here:

http://www.inet.net.nz/~nickrob/

which says all I need to do is:

sudo  apt-get install emacs-snapshot-gtk

and then follow the tutorial here : http://linuxjournal.com/article/7876

My emacs reports itself still as 21.4 though and M-gdb acts as before.

Has anyone updated debian recently and can advise on this please? I'm
not a debian/ubuntu guru and have no idea how to get emacs from the
command line to use the snapshot version.