Re: Problems with remote debugging on ARM

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 06:08:20PM +0200, Milrith wrote:
> I use a timer which is generating a signal every 10 ms (SIGALRM). As
> soon as timer_settime is called, there is a lot of network activity,
> the gdb client seems to be busy (when I step) and debugging is unusable.
> If i increase the period of this timer (to something like 50 ms) it is
> OK. Would there be a means to still be able to debug my program with
> the 10 ms period?

Right now there is no way to do this.  I had a patch for it long ago,
but it wasn't very nice, and I never had time to go back to it.  You
could hack your GDB stub to ignore SIGALRM, in the same way that it
ignores certain threading-related signals (assuming you're using
gdbserver).

> I have problems with breakpoints not taken into account, are there
> known problems with some parts of my configuration (C++ or threads)?

Are they in constructors?  Google would be glad to tell you about the
problem, in that case.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery