Re: gdbserver for m68k-uclinux

Jean-Rene Peulve wrote:
Hi Nathan,
Oups: I resend this because the previous email was html and got bounced by gdb@sources.redhat.com

Thanks for testing the patch out!

I have been forced to change your patch to make it works.

1) missing return in server.c
The return you've added is unnecessary.

2) I also add an fprintf to stderr with the address of the text and data section to allow the use of add-symbol_file command which requires these address.
The response to qOffsets being hidden by gdb, I then can get it from the target console or telnet.

Dan, I'll leave this change for you to decide. I don't understand the usage here. Why is it not necessary to know the text_end address in this case, for instance?

+       if (the_target->read_offsets (&text, &data)) {
+         sprintf (own_buf, "Text=%lX;Data=%lX;Bss=%lX",
+                (long)text, (long)data, (long)data);
+         return;
This return is not needed, why did you find it necessary?

+       }
+       else
+         write_enn (own_buf);
+