MinGW gdb run in non-DOS terminal

Hello,

Starting to experiment a bit with MinGW-hosted debuggers, I noticed that
when it is run outside of the DOS window, the terminal handling is a bit
strange. The most obvious issue is when the debugger prints an error:
the actual printing on screen of the error message is delayed and only
finally printed after the next GDB prompt.

This happens when in a DOS window running cygwin bash, when ssh'ing
from an xterm to the machine and then running GDB, or when running
GDB from GPS, which opens a pseudo-tty (I think!) to GDB. On the other
hand, it works great when run in a DOS window.

Has anybody else seen this? Maybe there is a missing-flush issue
somewhere... Or maybe there is a workaround I don't know about?
Otherwise, I'll have a look at this next.

Thanks,
--
Joel