This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: MI: *stopped response without frame
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Vladimir Prus <ghost at cs dot msu dot su>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:51:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: MI: *stopped response without frame
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 12:32:07PM +0400, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> I've two questions:
> 1. Why is *stopped respose with "end-stepping-range" as reason does not
> include frame information?
> 2. What does
> Thread Event Breakpoint: gdb should not stop!
> I've also possible answer to those questions: the situation happens when one
> of the thread exits (i.e. it's inside __nptl_death_event). But then,
> -stack-list-frames has no problems showing we're inside __nptl_death_event,
> so either stop reason should be something different, line "thread-exited",
> or *stopped reply should include frame.
Or, have you considered, the error message might be correct? :-) GDB
should not have stopped at all! It's a bug somewhere.