Re: MI: output of -break-insert and -break-watch

> From:  Vladimir Prus <ghost@cs.msu.su>
> Date:  Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:37:21 +0300
>
> The output of -break-insert and -break-watch currently looks like this:
>
>   ^done,bkpt={number="1",......
>
> and
>
>   ^done,wpt={number="2",.......
>
> What is exactly the point of using different field names: "bkpt" and "wpt"?
> This makes it impossible to get the number of set breakpoint in a uniform
> fashion -- I need to have some conditional on the type of breakpoint, or
> add logic that checks if "bkpt" or "wpt" is present in reply.
>
> Why can't we have just:
>
>   ^done,number="1"
>
> ? And this can be done in backward-compatible way, btw.

How about

   ^done,type="wpt",number="2"...

or
   ^done,bkpt={number="2",type="wpt",...

instead?

I think leaving the breakpoint type out might not be a good idea,
since the response might not come in sync with the commands.  That is,
you could have sent several commands before you get the first
response.  In that case, you will not easily know which response is
for what command.