This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb vs gdbserver
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Tobias Grimm <listaccount at e-tobi dot net>
- Cc: GDB <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:01:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: gdb vs gdbserver
- References: <41D7F1EF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 02:06:55PM +0100, Tobias Grimm wrote:
> gdbserver host:1000 /usr/bin/vdr-dbg <arguments>
You are root so that it can open port 1000, right? :-)
> on the same (target-)machine, just another terminal:
> gdb /usr/bin/vdr-dbg
> (gdb) target remote localhost:1000
> Remote debugging using localhost:1000
> 0x40000c20 in ?? ()
> (gdb) c
> [New Thread 16384]
> And that's it - no other thread is loaded. Running gdb directly works
> Am I doing something wrong? What can I do to trace down the problem?
You could give us some information about your target, system,
and version. And the output of "set debug remote 1".