This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
gdb vs gdbserver
- From: Tobias Grimm <listaccount at e-tobi dot net>
- To: GDB <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 14:06:55 +0100
- Subject: gdb vs gdbserver
- Reply-to: listaccount at e-tobi dot net
These are my first steps with gdb, but I'm already stuck and need some kind of
jump start. I would like to debug a multithreaded application (VDR), which works
fine if I do this "directly" with gdb. Using gdbserver, only one thread is
created and then everything stops.
What I'm doing is this:
gdbserver host:1000 /usr/bin/vdr-dbg <arguments>
on the same (target-)machine, just another terminal:
(gdb) target remote localhost:1000
Remote debugging using localhost:1000
0x40000c20 in ?? ()
[New Thread 16384]
And that's it - no other thread is loaded. Running gdb directly works perfectly.
Am I doing something wrong? What can I do to trace down the problem?