This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Russell Shaw <rjshaw at netspace dot net dot au>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 22:47:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: exec
- References: <41D76E37.email@example.com>
On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 02:44:55PM +1100, Russell Shaw wrote:
> When i step into:
> (*func) (program, argv);
> gdb exits.
> func is execv, and program is "/usr/local/libexec/gcc/avr/3.4.3/cc1"
> How do i get into cc1 so i can set breakpoints there?
Run it by hand - gcc -v will show you the command line. GDB has very
limited support for debugging across exec, depending on your platform.