Re: Tracepoint support in Cygnus GDB ?

> Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:07:01 -0400
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com>
>
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 11:41:20PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > > Separate debug info is very much an embedded feature - it lets embedded
> > > distros make optional all the debug info for all those embedded C and
> > > C++ libraries.
> >
> > Still, it requires a feature in Binutils that only exists on
> > GNU/Linux.
>
> That is not correct.  It works for any ELF target.

Perhaps I don't know something: I thought that separate debug info
required support from Binutils, to be able to produce the files with
the debug info.  I'm sure at some point someone said here that this
option is not available on all systems.  Isn't that right?  What is
the exact procedure of producing the separate debug info?

> Don't you consider improved debugging of optimized code to be
> a feature?  Especially considering how abysmal support is now.

I consider this a bugfix.