a problem about arm startup code

Hi everybody:
  I have built gdb to a arm cross environment.I think
remote-sim.c is used to initialize the arm,and it
act as startup code.In the newlibc,there is an arm
startup code(crt0.S),and may I replace the init()
function in remote-sim.c with crt0.S completely?If
this is ok,how to do it? Or crt0.S in newlibc cannot
do the same work as remote-sim.c,I need write my own
startup code?
Thank you for your help!
regards!