Re: [toplevel] Gas install name problem from autoconf 2.5x

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> writes:

> I would like to explicitly pass --program-transform-name from the
> toplevel to subdirectories, when configure implicitly generates it.
> How does that sound?

While that would fix one problem, I suspect there will be other
problems.

The new autoconf simply behaves differently with respect to command
line options.  I suspect that trying to finesse this behaviour will
lead to trouble.  Better to adjust the command line options depending
on the version of autoconf used in the subdirectory, or convert all
the configure scripts at once.

Ian