This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Remote debuggind with gdb 5.3
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Magdalena dot Iovescu at mail dot uh dot edu
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:21:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: Remote debuggind with gdb 5.3
- References: <482303844.1051211784913.JavaMail.root@localhost>
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 02:16:24PM -0500, Magdalena dot Iovescu at mail dot uh dot edu wrote:
> I am trying to setup remote debugging on an ARM platform. I compiled and
> installed gdb 5.3 on host and target side (following 'the recipe' on
> www.kegel.com/linux/gdbserver.html). I even applied the --with-solib-absolute-prefix patch, and I still got this error after that:
> When I try to start the server on the target, I get this:
> [guest at MyHost guest]$gdbserver host:3000 hello
> gdbserver: error in loading shared libraries: libthread_db.so.1: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory
> Any suggestions on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.
Exactly what the error message says: find libthread_db.so.1 on your
target. You must have an ARM version on your host somewhere if you
were able to build thread support.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer