This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: breakpoint commands and finish
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- To: Matt Thomas <matt at 3am-software dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:47:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: breakpoint commands and finish
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Matt Thomas wrote:
> What should be the behavour of the following?
> break function
> Should finish cause gdb to stop and wait for a prompt
> or should gdb act on the continue? (gdb5.x does the
> former while gdb4.x did the latter)
Consistant with your observations, the traditional behavior
has been that gdb would stop and prompt for a new command.
I believe that recently someone has changed it so that it
would at least try to execute the finish and the continue.