This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
- From: Quality Quorum <qqi at theworld dot com>
- To: Kris Warkentin <kewarken at qnx dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:44:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: gdb/regformats
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Kris Warkentin wrote:
> I was looking at this directory and wondering what it's used for. I see
> that gdbserver uses the reg definitions but I didn't see if/how gdb does.
> The reason is that our OS stores its i386 general purpose registers in a
> different order than gdb does so in our tdep file we have to map them.
What is wrong with converting from your format to gdb format in the stub?
> I was wondering if the regformats file might provide a more elegant way of
> doing it.