This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
behavior of finish within command set in gdb5.0
- From: Smita <smita at soe dot ucsc dot edu>
- To: <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:04:58 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: behavior of finish within command set in gdb5.0
I am trying to specify command set for a breakpoint, like this:
1. In gdb4.17 (netbsd), it results in a behavior where gdb stops at the
function, prints the return value, and contiues.
2. In gdb5.0 (netbsd), it stops at the function, prints the return value,
and then stops at the gdb prompt, expecting input from the user.
What's the correct behavior of finish? (1) or (2)?