This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: How to build application to run under the ppc simulator?
- From: Vermeulen Jan <Jan dot Vermeulen at siemens dot com>
- To: 'Peter Barada' <peter at baradas dot org>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: Peter dot Barada at motorola dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 08:33:26 +0200
- Subject: RE: How to build application to run under the ppc simulator?
> I've built a --target=ppc-eabi toolchain, and I've built a tiny little
> test program:
> int a,b;
> int foo(void)
> a = 0x1234
> b = 0x5678;
Btw, the simulator always tries to execute main, not a 'foo' program.
You can also adjust the linker script to start at 'foo' instead of main with
the ENTRY directive.
But I'm a bit puzzled: why didn't the compiler complain about not finding a
Can you tell us what versions of gcc, gdb & binutils you used for making
your cross toolchain?