This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
How to build application to run under the ppc simulator?
- From: Peter Barada <peter at baradas dot org>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: Peter dot Barada at motorola dot com, peter at baradas dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 00:40:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: How to build application to run under the ppc simulator?
I'm trying to get a handle on how the ppc simulator runs.
I've built a --target=ppc-eabi toolchain, and I've built a tiny little
a = 0x1234
b = 0x5678;
I built it with 'ppc-eabi-gcc -o test -g test.c' and fire up
ppc-eabi-gcc on test, and execute:
and it bombs with:
>Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>The program no longer exists.
>[Switching to process 0]
I'm confused as to how I build/link a program to run under the
simulator. My real goal is to extract from the ppc simulator what I
need to build a coldfire simulator.
Any comments/ideas are *most* appreciated
peter at baradas dot org