This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Add fullname to breakpoint output
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Nick Roberts <nick at nick dot uklinux dot net>
- Cc: bob_rossi at cox dot net, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 12:24:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: Add fullname to breakpoint output
- References: <email@example.com>
> (gdb) -break-insert main
> I would like confirmation on this before I go through the effort to
> fix the testsuite.
The CLI output doesn't give the absolute pathname:
Just FYI, this is an MI only change. The CLI will not be affected.
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x804856c: file mytest.c, line 36.
so doesn't this add to the inconsistency? Since, as has been said before, on
stopping CLI gives the absolute pathname:
Starting program: /home/nick/mytest
Breakpoint 1, main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff7d4) at mytest.c:36
while MI gives the relative pathname:
I don't think any of this would matter much if the search path for source
files could be accessed by the front-end. Currently, however, unlike `path',
`dir' resets rather than lists the current setting and the front-end can't
(easily) access $cdir.
Would it be a good idea to make the source path, $cdir, $cwd read-only