This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: deferred breakpoints
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Kris Warkentin <kewarken at qnx dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:57:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: deferred breakpoints
- References: <00e001c2dd10$3d4284e0$2a00a8c0@dash>
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 03:55:32PM -0500, Kris Warkentin wrote:
> How difficult do you think deferred breakpoints would be to implement? We
> have a customer who does a lot of work with shared objects and they'd like
> to be able to set breakpoints in them and have them persist across runs.
> I'm thinking that creating a list of breakpoints that could be run through
> every time a shared object was loaded would do the trick. Can anyone point
> out any obvious gotcha's?
I'll do you one better - Apple posted patches for this some time ago,
they can probably dig out an updated version for you if you inquire.
It was called "future break".
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer