This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Dummy frames broken on PowerPC
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 08:12:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: Dummy frames broken on PowerPC
- References: <20030203171526.GA25832@nevyn.them.org>
From today's CVS I get (in break.exp):
`works for me'. gcc 2.95.3 & stabs ...
What does the backtrace look like?
Run till exit from #0 0x100004c8 in marker2 (a=99) at /mnt/loc-computed/src-noindent/src/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/break.c:49
/mnt/loc-computed/src-noindent/src/gdb/dummy-frame.c:295: internal-error: dummy_frame_pop: Assertion `get_frame_type (fi) == DUMMY_FRAME' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected. Further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n)
I suspect frame_type_from_pc() may have some of all the logic needed to
spot a dummy frame. Contrast it with dummy_frame_p(). However, I've no
basis for this - the ppc doesn't use the new frame code and the only
other time it could affect things is with create_new_frame() - that,
ignoring MIPS and SPARC, has only one call.
Anyway, try changing the logic to test (dummy_frame_p() != NULL) when