This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Question on GDB debug trace synchronization
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Yaning Gao <YGao at JNI dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 07:40:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: Question on GDB debug trace synchronization
- References: <7A19797C027A6D449D68329C2A094EA008562F@mustang.jni.com>
Can you provide more details? Such as an example using the GDB console.
I am new for the GDB. I met a problem when I debug my user level library by
using DDD on Linux (backend is GDB). I couldn't solve it.
When I trace several layers of the functions, the source code and binary
code not synchronized, (it synchronized at first time). After I change some
code, rebuild my library, it not synchronize any more. I deleted all the
object files manually, recopy entire directory tree, rebuild it, but still,
Could someone tell me what cause this problem and how to solve it?
A wild guess, based on you mentioning libraries, is that GDB doesn't
notice that the shared library changed across runs and forgot to re-load