This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How to configure gdb on arm-linux (for CDB89712)
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet dot org>
- Cc: Dmytro Bablinyuk <dmytro dot bablinyuk at tait dot co dot nz>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 10:55:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: How to configure gdb on arm-linux (for CDB89712)
- References: <20030207132741.GA30489@nevyn.them.org> <20030208103636.GA11381@codepoet.org>
On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 03:36:36AM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:27:41 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > This is a known problem between GDB 5.3 and uclibc: uclibc
> > doesn't leave the identifying marks that GDB uses to figure out
> > that something is a "Linux" binary rather than a "generic ELF"
> > binary. Try a CVS snapshot of GDB and I bet it'll work.
> I've just added the .note.ABI-tag section to uClibc's crt0.o
> and crt1.o for arm, which lets gdb 5.3 now behave itself when
> debugging uClibc binaries on arm. I just tried it, and it
> worked as expected -- no more SIGILLs...
Note that the next release will behave OK even without it, I tink.
> Daniel -- is arm the only architecture for which the
> .note.ABI-tag section is required for proper gdb behavior?
I don't know offhand; really, it affects all of them, but ARM is just
the most visible failure.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer