This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: c++/1025: failures in gdb.c++/ovldbreak.exp
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: carlton at math dot stanford dot edu
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 12:08:29 -0600
- Subject: Re: c++/1025: failures in gdb.c++/ovldbreak.exp
David Carlton writes:
> I'm using an old binutils, the one with Red Hat 7.3:
> jackfruit$ rpm -q binutils
> The other failures that Michael Chastain claimed were binutils-related
> looked familiar, too. So that may well be the culprit.
Can you look a bit more closely at my list versus your gdb.sum/gdb.log?
If my smoking-binutils theory is confirmed by the evidence on your box,
then we need to write a release note that gdb 5.4/6.0 requires binutils
2.13 or later. (And gdb 5.3 did, too, for that matter).