This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Status of Ada support in GDB
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: "Kellogg, Oliver" <Oliver dot Kellogg at sysde dot eads dot net>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at gnat dot com>,"'aidan at velvet dot net'" <aidan at velvet dot net>,Paul Hilfinger <hilfingr at EECS dot Berkeley dot EDU>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 11:34:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: Status of Ada support in GDB
- References: <F5AFD56E32E8D21191090060974838B1015E4AC3@ulm003.vs.dasa.de>
Many thanks for your replies.
Andrew Cagney <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
There is still a bit missing. Aidan Skinner has been chipping away at
the problem of getting GNAT's code up to current standards.
I find this surprising and beg detail.
I don't. The code, for 5 years has been sitting, unrevewed, on a branch.
The same issues as with any submition:
What is the issue about GNAT's code?
- It needs to be brought up to current coding standards. The original
code was written something nothing like the GNU standard.
- any invasive change needs to be individually presented for peer review
Having the code sit on a branch for 5 years doesn't in some way excuse
the need to do this.