This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
What to do with threads?
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:03:49 -0500
- Subject: What to do with threads?
To put it simply, how can one fix this:
d10v_read_pc (ptid_t ptid)
There are problems at many levels. Off the top of my head:
- ptid can identify a thread and/or a LWP
- there sometimes isn't even a thread and/or a LWP
- the selected and current thread both fight over the same global data
- long long term, an objective is to have gdb debug multiple processes /
- so long term that it is probably funny, an objective is to have gdb
debugging multiple targets
I think we've fought the frame battle and won (the casualties will take
ages to recover mind :-), the thread battle, I think, is next.