This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb/procfs.c linkage failure on alpha-dec-osf4.0f
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- To: rbrown64 at csc dot com dot au
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, msnyder at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:46:32 -0800
- Subject: Re: gdb/procfs.c linkage failure on alpha-dec-osf4.0f
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <OFB2F35FA0.0C1B794D-ONCA256B49.002DA669@int.csc.com.au>
Rodney, just to let you know, I'm not deliberately ignoring you.
I'm rather swamped at the moment, I hope to be able to give this
my attention as soon as possible.
> gdb fails to link on alpha-dec-osf4.0f as follows :-
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [gdb] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory
> The target is a ?COFF platform so gdb/procfs.c calling elfcore_write
> routines is
> inappropriate (& the structures don't exist).
> I don't think the current configury gives enough information to distinguish
> the cases
> - the choices are being made based on NEW_PROC_API , HAVE_PSTATUS_T
> and HAVE_PROCFS_PIOCSET.
> To distinguish Solaris 2.5.1 from OSF1 V4.0f
> (Both are !NEW_PROC_API && HAVE_PROCFS_PIOCSET)
> you probably need to check for HAVE_PRSTATUS_T in sys/procfs.h like bdf
> HAVE_PROCFS_PIOCSET NEW_PROC_API
> Solaris 2.5.1 TRUE FALSE
> OSF1 V4.0 TRUE FALSE
> Solaris 2.7 TRUE TRUE
> UnixWare 7.1.0 FALSE TRUE
> Solaris has HAVE_PRSTATUS_T in 2.5.1 and 2.7.