This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Step over inline and macros
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: Salman Khilji <salmankhilji at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:46:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: Step over inline and macros
- References: <F40NYPocZc6OYbgCWfE0000d535@hotmail.com>
> How do you get gdb to step over macros? It seems to step into things like atoi. This disturbs me a lot since I don't care about getting into Macros while debugging. Also how do you get it to step over inline functions? It seems like I have to insert a breakpoint well after the call to an inline function and use the continue command to step over the inline function. Otherwise, it goes into the body of the inline function.
BTW, something that should help is ``until <line>''. You can use it
like next to skip over a number of lines.