This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
gdb/procfs.c linkage failure on alpha-dec-osf4.0f
- From: rbrown64 at csc dot com dot au
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:37:19 +1100
- Subject: gdb/procfs.c linkage failure on alpha-dec-osf4.0f
gdb fails to link on alpha-dec-osf4.0f as follows :-
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gdb] Error 1
make: Leaving directory
The target is a ?COFF platform so gdb/procfs.c calling elfcore_write
inappropriate (& the structures don't exist).
I don't think the current configury gives enough information to distinguish
- the choices are being made based on NEW_PROC_API , HAVE_PSTATUS_T
To distinguish Solaris 2.5.1 from OSF1 V4.0f
(Both are !NEW_PROC_API && HAVE_PROCFS_PIOCSET)
you probably need to check for HAVE_PRSTATUS_T in sys/procfs.h like bdf
Solaris 2.5.1 TRUE FALSE
OSF1 V4.0 TRUE FALSE
Solaris 2.7 TRUE TRUE
UnixWare 7.1.0 FALSE TRUE
Solaris has HAVE_PRSTATUS_T in 2.5.1 and 2.7.