This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB assumes texinfo 4.0 ...
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:57:31 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: GDB assumes texinfo 4.0 ...
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> I've a fuzzy memory that once GDB started assuming 4.0 some chunks of
> the doco files could be simplified. Anyone?
That'd be the @if... nuisance: Texinfo 3.x couldn't have some
commands (@top, I think) inside some conditional, like @ifnottex, so
we have the Top node twice: once @ifinfo, the other @ifhtml. This
kludge should be dropped, and the @top node and its menu should be
simply in @ifnottex.
Likewise, I think you can now have @contents at the beginning, rather
than having it twice, once @iftex and the other for @ifinfo/@ifhtml.
In general, grep doc/*.tex* for "3.12", and you will find what you are
looking for ;-) And don't forget to grep mi/*.tex*, too!