This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: A copy/save command ...
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- To: Andrew Cagney <cagney at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 17 Jan 2002 20:14:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: A copy/save command ...
- References: <3C341E2D.email@example.com> <3C476C0B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> The next was a more explicit save / unload / ... Michael's added
> ``generate-core-file'' following following on from that my next guess
> is to change that command to:
> (gdb) generate core-file <file>
> and then also add things like:
> (gdb) generate <target> <file> <arguments/sections>
> for instance:
> (gdb) generate binary afile <address> <address> ...
That looks good. (Please consider "dump" or "emit" or "unload" or
"save" (yes, asking the tracepoint save function to be renamed) or
something instead of "generate" as the verb though.)