This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB 5.1 on Solaris 2.8
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Dan Nicolaescu <dann at godzilla dot ICS dot UCI dot EDU>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:38:39 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: GDB 5.1 on Solaris 2.8
On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> > $ gdb a.out
> > gdb> list
> > /opt/src/devel/gdb-5.1: Is a directory.
> Well, it works for me... But it seems that you have a newer version of
> the Sun compiler than I do:
> cc -V
> cc: Sun WorkShop 6 update 1 C 5.2 2000/09/11
Thanks to everyone who replied; -xs seems to be what I need.
The example above works for me as well, but I have an even older
version of the compiler.
However, it sounds like turning on optimizations makes GDB debugging
impossible with this compiler. Is that expected? Am I spoiled by