This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Does/can ld edit .stab sections?
- To: jakub at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Does/can ld edit .stab sections?
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:44:31 -0800
- CC: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20011101115947.B31822@nevyn.them.org> <20011102102121.G22344@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au> <20011102101710.C739@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
> Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:17:10 +0100
> From: Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
> For .eh_frame, using separate sections (without some ld support) for each
> .gnu.linkonce is IMHO not an option, because that will severely bloat the output
> (because one will have to emit a separate CIE for each such section and it
> may happen that the CIEs will be larger than FDEs for small
I don't think this is how we discussed it would work. There would be
a bunch of .eh_frame.* sections in .o files, but all the sections in a
.o file would expect to come in sequence in the final .eh_frame
section in the executable, so each .o would only need one CIE.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>