Re: gdbserver (was Re: parcelling up struct gdbarch)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:17:44 -0700
Daniel Jacobowitz <dmj+@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 02:23:52AM +0200, Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:40:24 -0700
> > Daniel Jacobowitz <dmj+@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> >
> > My personnal focus is to be abble to debug thread apps with gdbserver on
> > linux-x86.

> > 1/ Make mywait in low-linux.c acts more or less like lin_lwp_wait does.
> > 2/ Add support for thread query packet.
> > 3/ Add thread information in T packets.
>
> You'll also need the equivalent of proc_service.c in order to supply
> enough information, I think, and possibly a little more work on the
> qSymbol support for that (not sure if the gdbserver side of that
> extension was really done/committed).

I guess alll I need frm proc_service.c is already in lin-lwp.c
(lin_lwp_store_registers, lin_lwp_xfer_memory, etc..)

As for qSymbol support, I haven't found what it's in the docs i have,
but i guess it has something to do with symbols. For now, i'm loading
symbols manually on the host side.

Thanks

--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enstfr>