TUI status

Hi!

Some information about the gdb-TUI I'm working on.  I think I reached
some interesting and usable point.

  - gdb-tui has two modes.  A curses mode (tui) and a normal mode.
    When configured with --enable-tui, you have the support for both
    modes.  You can switch between the two modes by using either
    CTRL-X CTRL-A or CTRL-X A (very useful to switch!).

  - in curses mode, gdb-tui can display the source file and arrow/page up
    page down keys scroll the window (useful so that you don't need the
    gdb `list' command).  The gdb history is still accessible with CTRL-P/N.

  - in curses mode, the registers can be displayed; they are formatted
    using `do_registers_info' so that the output should be portable
    accross all gdb targets.

  - the tui code now uses the gdb hooks to be notified of breakpoints,
    frame, symbol file and register changes.

  - We can kill all TUIDO from gdb sources.

  - Most of #ifdef TUI and tui_version checks in the gdb sources are
    removed.

I have a bunch of patchs for all this.

  1/ A set of patchs to cleanup the gdb sources;

  2/ A first patch to add FSF copyright to tui files with the following
    credit to HP:  `Contributed by Hewlett-Packard Company'.

  3/ A patch to cleanup STDC stuff

  4/ A patch for tui hooks (a la insight)

  5/ A patch for tui IO (gdb/cli/readline interactions with tui)

and some other patchs that I've not yet assigned an identity.

For 1, I would like to have them in 5.1 (if possible, approved, ...).
I'll try to submit in a few days.

For 2-5, I don't know.  May be a branch is better.
I need some advices here.

	Stephane

         Home                               Office
E-mail: stcarrez@worldnet.fr               Stephane.Carrez@sun.com
WWW:    http://home.worldnet.fr/stcarrez   http://www.sun.com
Mail:   17, rue Foucher Lepelletier        6, avenue Gustave Eiffel
        92130 Issy Les Moulineaux          78182 Saint Quentin en Yvelines
        France