why global Var ok,local var error?

hi ,all:
     I am using the embedded hardhat linux in target rpx Classic Fat
board and the redhat Linux 6.2 in the host.
Using ppc_8xx-gdbserver in the target.and a ppc_8xx-gdb in host.
but i met the problem that when i checked the glocal variable 's
value,it is ok
but when i checked the local variable in the mail procedure.it shows
that:
for example:
(gdb)info locals
i=<error type>
prime=<incomplete type>
but if i print a global variable.it is ok.
the compiling command line is:
ppc_8xx-gcc -g -static -o  sieve.exe  sieve.c..
what is wrong?
I have no idea about it.any suggestion is welcome.
gary.