This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Trapping system calls
- To: bronson at trestle dot com
- Subject: Re: Trapping system calls
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at delorie dot com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:44:14 -0500 (EST)
- CC: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <20010322105918.H16210@trestle.com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:59:18 -0800
> From: email@example.com (Scott Bronson)
> Is there any way to break into GDB when a particular system call
> is made? I want to trap every ioctl of a certain type. Short
> of scattering thousands of breakpoints throughout the code, I could
> find no way of doing this.
Is there any reason why you couldn't put a breakpoint inside ioctl and
filter the calls with breakpoint conditions?